Monday, February 07, 2005

York

Having worn the welcome from my family in London paper thin I ventured north. My good friend Alex and his family foolishly had extend the olive branch, so away I went.

When I would tell people that I was planning to go to York the general response was something like, "Great, nice historic town." To this I would shrug my shoulders and say "I guess so" thinking there would be an old street or two. When I showed up to find that I could not enter the city because there was a large wall in the way and would have to go down to the main gate I was a little bit, in aw! I can not try to describe the town of York so you'll just have to wait for photos.


The Winstanley family was very welcoming, even had the fire going when I arrived. The meals were plentiful and tasty(photo is of excitement over roast not distaste). This was enough to make a Kansas boy feel at home but then there was the bed being pulled back every night, a glass of water and Advil on the nightstand, wow.

Things to do while in York:

1. Stay with the WInstanleys.
2. Walk around the city walls.
3. Take the dog for a walk on the marshy race grounds.
4. See the Minster.
5. Drink in a pub that is twice as old as your county.

For the first few days I had proudly left the aspirin untouched, then came Eli. We went out for drink and dancing. Having over indulged in both I found myself in need of the aspirin on the last day. Although I can proudly say that my dancing was in such rare form that the bouncer had to ask me on three separate occasions to, “Please put the lady’s feet back on the floor.”

GPoD: Massenhysterie kommt mit Eli! - With Eli comes mass hysteria!

Upon arriving Alex showed me his new phone that his service provider gave to him as a way of saying thank you for taking your English calling plan phone to Germany with you and continuing to use it as if you were making local calls. I am very jealous, coolest phone ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home