Thursday, January 27, 2005

Plymouth

After a few days in London we headed down to Plymouth to spend Christmas with the in-laws. At this point I think I should clarify exactly how I am related to the family that I went to visit.

The man I refer to as Uncle Tony, in London is actually my dad's cousin and his daughter, referred to as my cousin, is I don't know what with relation to me. We share the same great grandmother, but even so we have grown up as immediate family so that's what we are. As for the family of my "uncle's" second wife in Plymouth: I don't think I can stretch it that far.

Despite the fact that I was a stranger in their mist the family was very welcoming. They had even thoughtfully wrapped up a box of After Eights for me. As to the trip a bonus I got to see; Stonehenge (the car was slowed to 40mph so I could stick my camera out the window), the place where a famous guy was confidently bowling during the defeat of the Spanish Armada, the place where my ancestors set off for the great land now known as America, and some pretty country side with cliffs and big hedges. On the down side I was utterly put to shame in the celebrity name games played with the family.

GPoD: Auch, ein anderen regnerisch Tag? - Oh, another rainy day?

A note to the English for future reference: "Me" is not possessive pronoun! And sentences like, "How 'bout a little more tee fur me cup," are just plain silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home