Thursday, April 28, 2005

Marseille

It takes only 3 hours to get from Paris to Marseille by train - 410 miles or 659.69 Kilometres – average speed 136 mph or 220 kph. Marseille is a Mediterranean city which means it was nice! My friends Allaoui - your standard crazy, French, Muslim, football fanatic, black man - and Lionel both live in there. Allaoui lives in the coolest part of town. It is very old and historic and would be million dollar property if was not so, so, so old that the plaster falls of the walls. The highlight of Marseille besides visiting my friends that taught me to appreciate soccer was spending the day in the projects with a youth group that Allaoui works with. They told me I was the first American to visit there neighbourhood, it was pretty funny, and were eager to show of there English “Hello how are you”, and “My name is…” As it turns out my soccer skills are about equivilant to ten year old level.

FPoD: Hello my name is Will. – Bonjour, Je m'appelle Will:
How are you? - Ça va?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home