Thursday, April 28, 2005

Paris

Paris is my favourite European city. It is every thing it is cracked up to be and more! More being so much more F’n expensive! A lit story of dinner: 10€ for a meal with salad, entrée and desert - great deal by Paris standards. Almost ordered a half litter of beer as well, having been out of Germany and without for 5 days, but fortunately glanced at the price before ordering to find that it cost 8€. As a self respecting Berliner I will not pay over 3€ for the best stein of beer.

Although enough with the bad. I loved Paris, and even liked the Parisians. Attended good party where I got an earful about the superiority of French wine. Again saw good friends; Julie, Latitia, Latitita(2) and Clarissa. Clarissa My old dormmate, personal German tutor, and good friend also took upon herself to crash me in French. Always more fun when you can communicate in the local language. Again I must say I dug Paris.

Mr. Nordgren(high school English and history teacher): eat your hear out I have now not only been to the place where “Wuthering Heights” was set but the palace of Versailles as well!

Gossip from Paris:
Julie dumped boy friend
Latitia (see Willem from Amsterdam)



FW/P/SoD


Oui
Non
à gauche
à droite
tout droit

J'a vousdrie..
…une bière s'il vous plaît
…pour payer

Je parle seulement un petit français.

Savez-vous où à le metor ?

--
Alouette, gentille Alouette Alouette je te plumerai Alouette, gentille Alouette Alouette je te plumerai Je te plumerai la tête Je te plumerai la tête Et la tête, et la tête Alouette, Alouette O-o-o-o-oh Alouette, gentille Alouette Alouette je te plumerai
--
Je ne veux pas travailler,
Je ne veux pas déjeuner,
Je veux seulement l'oublier,
Et puis je fume.

zéro
un
deux
trois
quatre
cinq
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix
onze
douze
treize
quatorze
quinze
seize
dix-sept
dix-huit
dix-neuf
vingt
trente
quarante
quarante et un
cinquante
soixante
soixante-dix
quatre-vingts
cent
deux cents
deux cent un
mille
un million
un milliard

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 at 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi will! I see you've learned a lot in french, also the french way of writting words... have you found them on the internet???? ;-)

It was fun to have you at home, maybe the last time we see us? I don't know, but I'll keep a nice picture of you in my mind!

see you soon?
clarissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home