Saturday, November 06, 2004

FHW Semester Party or 13 Hours of Madness

Horrible nausea when I woke this morning.

Diagnosis:

6:45 In bed
6:00 Walked directly home
5:59 Reviewed map
5:57 Realized I was nowhere near my home
5:45 Walked directly opposite of the direction of my home
5:44 Arrived at S-Bahn(fast train) station Warschauer Str.
5:37 Decided not to make an extra transfer and instead take a short sobering walk by going to Warschauer Str.
5:32 Boarded S-Bahhn
5:30 Ate Dürum Döner(Döner is a fine Turkish treat available all over Berlin)
5:29 He agreed and sold it to me at chicken price: 20 EUR cents back in my pocket!
5:28 Told Mr. Shark behind the counter that it was ridiculous to pay more for Döner meat (elephant leg) than a chicken when his chicken meat was better; my German get much more articulate with beer.
5:27 Ordered Döner
5:26 Heart broken; Mr. Shark has sold all of his chicken for the day.
5:10 Went to purchase Shark Chicken Dürum: the second best in Berlin, trailing to Habani's tradition Dürum Döner made lamb steak as opposed to elephant leg.
5:09 Arrived at Friedrich Str. bahnhof
5:00 Said good bye to friend and boarded train
4:59 Train arrives (I was born under lucky star)
4:58 Arrive at U-bahn station (subway)
4:50 Leave Silverwings
11:00 Find Silverwings for FHW (my school) semester party. The semester party is a biannual event at witch you display your camaraderie by buying beers for your fellows and they in turn buy beer for you. There is loud music, dancing and so forth. Things quickly get out off hand: what fun! To all the ladies who where awed by my crippled leg dancing moves I can be reached at: 017629047117. I am sorry I did not have time to give you each the hours of attention you deserved, but time is limited.
10:50 Emerge from U-Bahn station at which point three of us point three different direction thinking we know where the club is, having been there last semester. This foreshadows the sort of event it is. I like to think my point was correct being within 90 degrees of the direction of the club.
10:30 Leave for Silverwings (All clubs in Berlin have trendy websites - www.silverwings.de)
9:30 Eat diner, Pasta with Salmon white sauce, very tasty: thank you Carina.
6:30 Go to Jeremy(Aussie) and Carina's(Roosky) for dinner
6:22 Meet Alex at Zoo bahnhof.
6:21 Walk by Alex at Zoo bahnhof not recognizing him as he is wearing a tie, slacks, loafers, and long coat: as opposed to grunge T-shit, torn jeans, Vans and sweatbands that I though were permanently attached to his wrist. Way to look respectable Alex.
6:20 Arrive at Zoo with empty beer bottle
5:49 Examine pockets and count 47 cent.
5:48 Enter Plus to purchase two beers only to find that the cheapest beer they have cost 28 cents plus 8 cent deposit: extortion!
5:46 Decide it would be friendly to meet Alex with a Beer for him
5:45 Left house to meat friend Alex(Brit) at train station.


Moral of the story:


As the Italians insist, you should never eat fish with milk. It will upset your stomach.

3 Comments:

At November 7, 2004 at 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny. :)
is so
My brother

Sounds like life is good in Berlin. Today I am working on animating snow on my computer for a powerpoint presentation. You've just got to love education classes...so many fun toys to play with. It pays to keep students and teachers entertained. Be good.
love, Brooke

 
At November 8, 2004 at 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

more puking stories
MORE PUKING STORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At November 12, 2004 at 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREATTTT, nothing changed...it's just like the good old times in Berlin last semester!...lucky bastard:))

X Mira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home