Thursday, November 04, 2004

Language Barrier

Yesterday we had a “guest lecturer” in strategic management class: being evaluated for a position a teaching position at my school. He was very excited and had a lot of material for us. From the start of class he was off; rattling out his planned lecture, only pausing for have second intervals to breath. Every time one of the students would raise his hand he would look at them and tell them that he would take questions in a moment. After fifteen minutes of this an Australian stood up and said, “Sorry mate I don’t speak German.” The lecturer looked at the faces of agreement from my fellow classmates. He spoke with review panel about having no English handouts or material, they then went to look for another class to captivate. We were relieved for the day.

GpoD -- Entschuldigung Mate, ich nicht Deutsch spreche. = Sorry Mate, I don’t speak German.

2 Comments:

At November 4, 2004 at 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Will it's Yoko. Didn't quite understand what blog meant (thought maybe it might be a german word for a disease!) This sounds like a typical Australian - always looking for the answers in English!

 
At November 4, 2004 at 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PAAAAAAAACE yourself will. your blog has only been alive for a few days and you've already got five posts!?! I can't believe I'm giving you Blogvice since as you can tell by my blog (www.niceboys.blogspot.com) the trend is totally over; More specificly I am hereby starting the 'exit trend.'
-zepi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home